Deadline Extension! Submissions are now open until February 26, 2016 at 5pm. The winner will be announced in early March. Good luck!
Are you interested in video production or animation? Do you want to make a difference in your community? ConnecTeen is looking for creative youth to shoot a promotional video about our services!
ConnecTeen provides confidential peer support to youth in Calgary through phone calls, texts, chats and emails. No problem is too big or too small. Youth contact us for a variety of reasons, from trouble at school or with friends to suffering from depression and experiencing suicidal thoughts.
We want our service to be as accessible as possible to the youth in our city so no one has to feel like they are alone. If you are passionate about youth mental health, this is the project for you! Create a short commercial promoting our services & showing the impact they have.
If you need any help or inspiration we encourage you to visit us at our office or out in the community. Email email@example.com to schedule time to come see us.
The video will be showcased during ConnecTeen’s annual Hitmen Game Fundraiser at the Saddledome on March 20 where upwards of 10, 000 people will watch the video throughout the game!
The video will also be highlighted on our website, which is great exposure for your work!
We aren’t expecting you to purchase expensive equipment to enter our contest. Check out this article on how to shoot a quality video on your phone.
How do you apply? Well, we have a few requirements:
- Video creators must be youth- we work from a peer support model of youth helping youth and want to ensure the youth perspective is the driving force of the video
- Must be less than 2 minutes in length. Videos that are outside of this time requirement will be void from the contest
- The ConnecTeen logo must be shown in the video (email firstname.lastname@example.org for the logo)
- The hours of ConnecTeen and ways for youth to access ConnecTeen’s services must be included in the video (find this info here)
- Since the Saddledome is pretty loud, it’s really difficult to hear sound. We are hoping the videos submitted will be heavily visually focused. For example, overlaying text versus people talking in it. An example of this style would be our current promotional video. Check it out to get a better idea of what we mean:
- Here’s another great example from the #IBelieveYou campaign:
- Sign a release giving the ConnecTeen Program of the Distress Centre all rights and access to utilizing the video as they see fit for future promotions of the program
- You can create the video by yourself or work with a group of friends – only one prize is awarded whether you work solo or with friends, but as you’ll see below, it’s easily split!
- Videos need to be submitted through Dropbox.com, a free file sharing web site. Upload your video as a .WMV file and share it with email@example.com. Contact Lindsay or Vanessa (email below) if you have any questions.
And of course, an AWESOME prize will be given away to the lucky winner!!!
PRIZE:Video will be shown on the Jumbotron at the annual ConnecTeen Hitmen game on March 20, 2016, and the winner(s) get to watch it from the Coca-Cola corporate suite! Enjoy 11 box seats as well as food, beverages and ConnecTeen swag.
We have extended our deadline to February 26, 2016. Winner will be announced early March and the Hitmen fundraiser game takes place on March 20, 2015.
Should you have any questions or would like more details about this contest, please contact:
Vanessa at 403-264-8337 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you aren’t video savvy but want to support ConnecTeen, purchase tickets to the game!