Blog Hero

Peer Talk

How can I find and set up an appointment with a trauma-specialized therapist or psychologist? Where can I go or call? I want someone who knows about childhood trauma, but I haven’t been able to find any in my hospital’s mental health unit.

Hi, thanks for asking this question!

I’m really glad that you’ve chatted in about this.

The best place to look would probably be to text, call or email 211, which is Alberta’s resource line. It specializes in finding community, social, health, and government services which may be of interest to you. All you have to do is mention what you’re looking for and why you’re looking for it.

If you ever want to talk about what’s going on in your life and are looking for emotional support, feel free to text, call, or message in to the ConnecTeen line. Our lines are open from 3pm-10pm on weekdays and 12pm-10pm on weekends. You can reach us through our phone number at 403-264-8336, or text line at 587-333-2724, or through our on-line website.

Written by

More Articles By

Stay Connected

Our Blog

Learn more about how we’re helping young people love themselves and the world around them.

chevron-right chevron-left

Check Us Out on

Volunteer With Us

Make a real difference in the lives of young Calgarians by volunteering with our team.

Contact Our Team

Have a question? Want to start a fundraising initiative with us? We’d love to hear from you. Contact the ConnecTeen team today.

Get Help Now

Connect with someone who understands and get the support you deserve.


Make a donation and help us support youths and young adults across our city and surrounding areas.

instagram facebook facebook2 pinterest twitter google-plus google linkedin2 yelp youtube phone location calendar share2 link star-full star star-half chevron-right chevron-left chevron-down chevron-up envelope fax